Please feel free to take from these to market a talk by Yalda:
- Photos for Talks (use whatever works for your event)
- Formal Hig Res Head Shot Of Yalda T. Uhls
- Informal at event: Photo 1
- Informal at Bookstore: Photo 2
- Link to Gallery of Photos and Videos of Past Talks
- Bio and Introduction on Yalda
- Marketing materials for Talks around Book
- Articles to share with Parents and School Audiences
- NY Times article by Sherry Turkle called “Stop Googling, let’s talk” that mentions our camp research
- American Academy of Pediatrics updated recommendations for families (2015)
- Deseret News – “Why experts keep changing the recommendations for children and screens” — An article that ties the AAP recommendations to “Media Moms & Digital Dads”.
- An in-depth interview about my background and research goals by Palisades News
- Example packet of materials that Mirman School created for one of my talks. They merged the documents into one PDF and turned it into a really nice booklet for the parents who came.
Here is my short bio for introductions and for any other purpose:
Yalda T. Uhls, PhD is a research scientist (UCLA) and non-profit executive (Common Sense Media) with over 15 years of senior executive experience in the entertainment industry (MGM, Sony). Her expertise of how media content is created, as well as the science of how media affects children, informs her unique perspective.